NATIONAL PARKS TIPS...
Details on the parks we have visited or flied over during these journeys...:
- Arches National Park
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Crater Lake National Park
- Craters Of The Moon National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Great Basin National Park
- Grand Teton National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Monument Valley National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Acadia National Park
Some tools needed for the flight or flight preparation:
The FAA said in a memo that cameras like GoPro can be mounted eternally on airplanes as a "minor alteration" that does not require mountains of paperwork.
According to the memo, "major alterations are those that have an appreciable effect on the weight, balance, structural strength, performance, powerplant operation, flight characteristics, or other qualities affecting airworthiness".
Not likely with a small digital camera.
The memo goes on to state that "the use of suction cups, or other temporary methods of attachment (not including permanent mechanical attachments to the aircraft), would not be considered a modification to the aircraft under 14 CFR Part 43".
All that with the caveat that if the camera falls off the airplane during flight, the pilot may be charged with "careless operation", so be sure it's very firmly attached.
Happy flying and filming !